[NCAP-Discuss] Defining CI/CE

Jeff Schmidt jschmidt at jasadvisors.com
Wed Nov 9 22:26:20 UTC 2022

> the comparison doc proposes suggests that UDP is responded to with ICMP port unreachable for "quick response" rather than dropping.

This is why I'm happy we're getting to this level of technical detail. If we send back ICMP unreachables, yes that may generate "quick fails" if they are actually received, but that would also very likely be a change in behavior from the client perspective as currently they're very likely getting no response to whatever they send. Plusses and minuses to both.

Thx,
Jeff