[Npoc-discuss] NomCom Review Public comment

Raoul Plommer plommer at gmail.com
Wed May 2 16:07:31 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

The NCSG is preparing a public comment at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lBL_xRnYeIzQYXjK4nw0P8b7_cEOOuZVNouzdp3uvgU/edit

Please read the document and we can discuss some points of view on our
mailing list before commenting on the draft or you can add your views
directly on the document.

There is at least one glaring fault at NomCom currently; the NCSG, RySG and
RrSG only have one (1) seat each in the NomCom, whereas the CSG has four
(4). I am going to make sure that it doesn't go unnoticed. I'm going to
suggest that all the SG's should have two each in the future and the amount
of NomCom chairs is going to be enlarged by one, thus diluting everyone
else's seats' voting power. However, I think it'd be the easiest compromise
to make.

-Raoul