[Npoc-discuss] 2018 NPOC Executive Committee Elections - Nominations Process Opens today

caleb olumuyiwa muyiwacaleb at gmail.com
Wed May 30 20:37:43 UTC 2018

 Dear Community members,

It is with great honor that I accept the nomination for the position of
Communications Chair. I'm humbled and see this as a call to service for a
community we all believe in within the ICANN Org.

Kindly find my candidate’s response  to my nomination below:

*Name: * Caleb Ogundele

*Affiliation: * African Academic Network on Internet Policy (AANOIP)

*Position applied for:  *Communications Committee Chair

*Why you are running for the position?:*

NPOC's work within the ICANN community holds an important role and in other
to fulfill such roles it needs to have a very strong communication
mechanism within which other stakeholders within the community relate to
the work and interest of Not-for-Profit, Civil Society, and Academics
within the constituency.

 It is therefore very pertinent to connect with these other stakeholders
and varied interests within the ICANN community to understand the work that
NPOC does with the view of serving as a more vocal voice of reasoning and
logic during engagements with other communities within and beyond ICANN

Having undergone the recent NCUC course on policy writing and drafting
public comments, I have participated in a couple of draft documents used to
engage within the NCUC and also was a contributing pen holder for the ICANN
fellowship draft statement read at the public meeting with the ICANN Org
Board during the Puerto Rico meeting.

Recently, during an internet governance meeting in my region, I have done
an outreach to engage Not-for-Profit, Civil Society domain owners who
previously never had a clear understanding of what they stand to benefit in
participating in ICANN and by extension NPOC.

I strongly believe that if elected, my work within the leadership of the
NPOC will reflect actionable outcomes and all members interest  I will be
representing will experience a bottom-up approach consensus to DNS Policy
engagement with a focus in realizing the ICANN's multistakeholder PDP
mission.

I do hope to bring in diversity and proactive approach to the role I'm
putting myself forward for service.

I am also active within regional affiliation of such as AFRINIC, ISOC-NG
Chapter and AFRALO and currently in a couple of working groups within
ICANN.

My participation in different fora within the internet space has seen my
contributions on internet governance policy issues ranging from data
privacy, Copyright and Intellectual Property and copyright,  Cyber
Security, sustainable access, digital rights, media literacy, and
development & capacity and other internet related issues which I believe is
consistent with some of the concerns the NPOC has within the DNS industry.

In my professional experience from being a Project Manager, System
Administrator, Network Administrator, MultiMedia Content Producer and
Webmaster, I believe it puts me in a value-added position to what the
Not-for-Profit Operational Concerns Constituency (NPOC) stands for in
bringing my industry experience to bear from a technical perspective to
serve in the role of communication's chair.

You can learn more about my professional career here
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/caleb-olumuyiwa-ogundele-ab703675/> and ICANN
Wiki <https://icannwiki.org/Caleb_Olumuyiwa_Ogundele>

*Do you have any conflict(s) of interest?:*

No

*How many Hours a week you are able to dedicate to the position*: 6+ hours

*Are you involved in any working Groups or PDP efforts, if so please state:*

At-Large Capacity Building Working Group, AFRALO Hot Topics Working Group,
At-Large IDN Policy Working Group, At-Large Social Media Working Group

 Thank you for your consideration, support and God bless.

Caleb Ogundele

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 1:45 PM Maryam Bakoshi <maryam.bakoshi at icann.org>
wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> The Nomination process for NPOC Executive Committee Elections opens today *May
> 01, 2018 to May 30, 2018; 23:59 UTC*.
>

> The *positions* open for nominations are as follows:
>

>    - Chair
>    - Vice Chair
>    - Secretariat
>    - Policy Committee Chair
>    - Membership Committee Chair
>    - Communications Committee Chair
>

> *Duties and responsibilities* of the ExCom are listed in 3.0 and 4.0 here.
> <https://www.npoc.org/governance/charter/>
>
> *You can self-nominate or nominate someone starting today*.
>
> ·         Candidates must respond to the NPOC discuss mailing list with
> the following:
>
>    - Name:
>    - Affiliation:
>    - Position applied for:
>    - Why you are running for the position?:
>    - Do you have any conflict(s) of interest?:
>    - How many Hours a week you are able to dedicate to the position:
>    - Are you involved in any working Groups or PDP efforts, if so please
>    state:
>
> --
>
> Many thanks,
>

> *Maryam Bakoshi | *SO/AC Collaboration Services Sr. Coordinator
>
> *ICANN* | Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
>
> *S*: Maryam.bakoshi.icann | *T*: +44 7737698036

*Ogundele Olumuyiwa Caleb*
*muyiwacaleb at gmail.com <muyiwacaleb at gmail.com>*
*234 - 8077377378*
*234 - 07030777969*