[NPOC-EC] Action Items from ICANN65

Oreoluwa Somolu Lesi oreoluwa at wtec.org.ng
Thu Jul 4 14:00:57 UTC 2019

Okay, this is the last email from me today.

I have compiled all the action items from the various meetings we had
last week. If I left anything out, please let me know and I can update it.

Shall I bother putting these in Trello, since hardly anyone goes there?

The most urgent action item is completing the draft agenda for the
Montreal joint ALAC-NPOC session by next Monday (July 8). See link at
the bottom of the email.

Kind regards,

Ore

*Action Items for NPOC from ICANN65*

*SUPPORTING ORGANISATION / BANK ACCOUNT:*

  *

    Raoul: Need to get more information about all the regulatory
    requirements of the proposed supporting organisation e.g. preparing
    audited financial reports, filing returns to regulatory body so that
    NPOC members can make a fully informed decision.

  *

    Raoul: Will discuss the idea of the proposed supporting organisation
    / foundation (to be legally registered in Estonia) with Ed Morris
    (former GNSO councillor and a lawyer) to his input on best way to
    proceed.

  *

    All: Need to decide how to proceed with the Charter with respect to
    the proposed supporting organisation ie if we decide to go ahead
    with the supporting organisation, this needs to be referenced in the
    Charter.

  *

    Carlos suggests that we find out from ISOC chapters on how they
    set-up bank ac counts for their respective chapters.

  *

    In the NCSG open meeting, Avria Doria mentioned (in response to a
    question on finances by Remmy Nweke) that any questions about
    opening a bank account for a constituency should be run by the ICANN
    CFO, Xavier Calvez

*OUTREACH:*

  *

    Schedule meeting with Jean-Jacques Sahel to discuss outreach
    materials needed for ICANN66 and other ways that the Stakeholder
    Engagement office can support NPOC.

  *

    We also need to clarify the information that is required to complete
    the CROP ap plication.

  *

    We need to develop a fully-fleshed _*outreach plan *_(which is
    different from the CROP application document, where a lot of
    specific information is being re quested).

  *

    Joan: Send an email to GSE Africa to seek clarification on
    definition of the term “under-served.”

  *

    Download the regional strategic plans from the respective RALO
    websites, so we can consider these as we develop our NPOC strategic
    plan.

*PUBLIC COMMENTS:*

  *

    Look for someone who is very active, though maybe not within ICANN,
    we can look at bringing them into ICANN (NPOC)

  *

    Clarify what the criteria for joining the NomCom is and start to
    identify members who might qualify and let them know.

*WEBSITE UPDATE:*

  *

    Raoul and Caleb will review the ICANN Wiki, website and other
    existing resources so that we can use what we have efficiently to
    maintain a vibrant online presence.

  *

    All: Send meeting notes to Caleb to post to the NPOC blog

*PUBLICITY MATERIALS:*

  *

    Maryam will ask about the deadlines for submitting new materials to
    be printed and for translation

  *

    Raoul: Send a request immediately to Jean Jacques and Adam Peake for
    GSE to work on slide decks to be made

*ICANN66 MEETING:*

  *

    Develop a draft survey for NPOC and ALAC members to identify DNS and
    hot topics issues of interest to them (Monday, July 8)

  *

    Develop a draft agenda for the joint meeting (Monday, July 8): Draft
    agenda is at the bottom of this document:
    _https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X_uCgbdsvnZlk2KgPtX143Z-2Pj_6jQUWlcFwWUDq9U/edit?ts=5d14c3fd#heading=h.m5m5db30owsj_

  *

    Daniel will share the draft survey and agenda with ALAC leadership

  *

    Both NPOC and ALAC will draft a joint statement to share at the
    joint session

--
Oreoluwa Lesi - Women's Technology Empowerment Centre (W.TEC)
Executive Director

+234.803.621.1307, +234.813.339.9999 | www.wtec.org.ng | @wteconline