[NPOC-EC] Our response to the NomComRIWG

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 11:44:34 UTC 2020

Raoul

Thanks for this.

A couple of comments off the top of my head I haven't looked at the
proposal yet

- we filed a comment as NCSG which we enumerated the problems with the
imbalance I think around 2 years ago. They didn't consider our comments but
when we asked why and how can we fix it the review team said we are going
to form a council or something like that and we should tell that council.
Is this RIWG the group? If so you can tell them that they promised to
review this.

- we should make this about both NCSG and NPOC. NCSG as a stakeholder group
only has one rep- while CSG has more.

- ISPC can sympathize with us. I have talked to them about this. Try that
route first. They said they didn’t even know.

-mention that we have been raising this issue over and over. George
Sadowsky told you to fix it during the review. We filed comments. We told
the reviewers. Nothing happened. So the acknowledgment that this is an
unfair imbalance is there. But their processes to fix things don’t work.

- In a constituency letter, you can’t bring your personal views. Get rid of
personally but also what do you mean we haven’t gotten around creating
constituencies otherwise we would have had more. I don’t think this wording
would do good. Consider reframing it by saying that: the CSG has no
justification to have 4 members, when it’s not even on the basis of the
number of its constituencies.

- you need to elaborate on why this imbalance affect their legitimacy. Tell
them they are appointing some of the board members - if this results in
Board composition bias since  they are the last chain of command, if there
is an imbalance and a majority view that accord with one stakeholder’s
interest the  multistakeholder processes might not be effective. (They say
board should protect the interest of corporation and not stakeholders but
we know thats not the case but don’t mention that)
- not getting your comment about gac rep. Lets talk about ourselves and not
provide solutions that create more enemies than allies.
- i am not sure about your last paragraph. Does NomCom has a quorum
threshold etc? How does that work? Better check for accuracy.

Farzaneh

--
Farzaneh