[NPOC-EC] [Ext] Fwd: Updating our membership list, also on our website

Caleb Olumuyiwa Ogundele muyiwacaleb at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 06:41:02 UTC 2023

Hi Raoul,

It seems like i did not give you the feedback but I will point you to the
mail trail below of what has been done in the background which it seems I
did not pass the message across to you.

Let me also answer your questions in the same order.

1. Get the list of inactive members from Andrea
*Andrea and I have worked behind the scene. There is no way to determine if
a member is active or not if they do not do the annual check-in. I believe
this can only be achieved at a specific time of the year as removing anyone
from the CiviCRM without just cause will amount to unilateral revoking a
member's status.*

2. Find out the email addresses of the boards of inactive member
organizations
*The CiviCRM has lots of issues and doesn't have a friendly GUI to extract
contact information. More importantly, we have been having difficulty
approving members of NPOC who we did lots of outreach to at KL.*

3. Mail the inactive organizations' boards and ask them whether
their representative is still who it should be and maybe ask them nicely to
become active again
*I cannot carry out this function if the CiviCRM is not fixed which will
allow for the mass export of members' details is not fixed. The NCSG EC is
at a point of fixing lots of technical issues on the platform. This has
affected our potential members.*

4. Remind the ones that don't answer after two weeks and/or a month
*Refer to my answer above in No. 3.*

5. Compile new list with the changes resulting from this process
*Refer to my answer above in No. 3.*
6. Update our website with this new current list
*I believe the communications chair is the one to update the website.*

*However, when we make updates on the CRM and changes are made, this links
<https://members.ncsg.is/npoc_members_public> automatically update. I do
not know if this has  stopped. *

7. Save the list on the private part of our website, where only EC has
access to
*We cannot put people's email on the website. It will be a breach of their
privacy.*

Email: muyiwacaleb at gmail.com