[registrars] Supporting The Number Resource Organization

Rick Wesson wessorh at ar.com
Sun Sep 28 19:54:29 UTC 2003

Registrars:

Have you had the oppertunity to review the ASO memebers proposal to create the
"Number Resource Organization?"

Please review their open letter to ICANN at
http://www.ripe.net/ripencc/about/regional/draft-public-comment.html

We as registrars should support this document and consider making a formal
vote or noice that we support the RIRs working togther to develop a plan for
future address management.

There are many reasons of which we would benifit from the RIRs moving from the
ASO to a Number Resource Organization. As participiants in the ICANN
framework and users of IP address allocations I propose we discuss this
development at the next registrars meeting to see if we have consensus enough
to support their proposal.

best,

-rick