[registrars] FW: 2004 Nominating Committee - Need to Nominate a Delegate from the Registrar Constituency

Eric Brunner-Williams brunner at nic-naa.net
Thu Apr 22 17:11:56 UTC 2004

Elana,

> I would urge that in keeping with criteria 4, nominations should be for
> individuals not directly working, consulting for, or otherwise associated
> with any accredited registar.

and

>  4. Persons who are neutral and objective, without any fixed personal
> commitments to particular individuals, organizations, or commercial
> objectives in carrying out their Nominating Committee responsibilities;

I don't see how the first necessarily follows from the second.

Additionally, if one such person is identified, and is willing to serve
in the capacity sought, someone without blemish, Calpurnia, what value
is there in finding Caeser's second wife (and so forth)? Isn't one perfect
dictator, uh, neutral and objective spiritual guide sufficient?

My point, in case it is too obscure, is that "neutral and objective" are
neither, so lets stick with real people and an advocacy process and not
drift off into mysticism. ICANN is hard enough without adding another layer
of charades to the existing charade.

Oh. I'm neutral and objective, and anyone who disagrees with me isn't.
For that matter, so is anyone who agrees with me.

Eric