[registrars] FW: 2004 Nominating Committee - Invitation

Thomas Keller tom at schlund.de
Wed Apr 28 07:42:54 UTC 2004

I guess the point is that we choose someone who is known to fullfill the
criterias listed under point one no matter whether he or she is a
constituency member or not.

1. Accomplished persons of integrity, objectivity, and intelligence, with
reputations for sound judgment and open minds, and with experience and
competence with collegial large group decision-making

Last years representative Henning Grote might serve us as an excellent example
for the selection of this years rep.

Best,

tom

Am 28.04.2004 schrieb Jean-Michel Becar:
> Dear Elana,
>
> I really appreciate this clarification and makes us clear  how the
> NomCom will be formed.
> But still as this is not an ICANN requirement as mentioned by Theresa I
> really don't see the point to follow it.
> Would be very intersting to hear from other registrars their position
> about that subject if they want to see somebody from the constituency or
> not at the NomCom representing the Registrars.
>
> My personal point of view is that requirement should be an ICANN
> requirement to avoid to have some constituencies with their participants
> and other without..which will make the situation unfair.
> I already know the registry constituency has already decided who they
> will nominated and I can tell you he will be somebody working for a
> registry.
> So here we have 2 solutions: either to coordinate with all the
> constituencies to make sure everybody follwo the same rule or we can
> choose to do like some other constituency and to ignore this requirement.
>
> that was my 2 cents participation for today.
> Regards,
> Jean-Michel
>

> Elana Broitman wrote:
>
> >Thank you to everyone who raised questions regarding the Nominating
> >Committee Delegate.  As you can see, I went to ICANN to clarify that
> >point.  Below is the clarification from Teresa Swinehart (thank you
> >Teresa).
> >
> >I stand corrected regarding whether or not the delegate can work for a
> >registrar.  I would urge you to consider nominating someone who will
> >clearly "be independent and not accountable, or beholden, to the
> >constituency that selects them, or to any person, employer, or
> >organization," while also having a good understanding of the ICANN
> >dynamics and the registrar market.
> >
> >Remember that we must choose someone by May 11, so nominations must be
> >made this week!
> >
> >Elana Broitman
> >Register.com
> >575 Eighth Avenue
> >New York, NY 10018
> >Phone (212) 798-9215
> >

> >>EFax  (800) 886-2716
> >>

> >Fax   (212) 629-9309
> >ebroitman at register.com

Gruss,

tom

(__)
(OO)_____
(oo)    /|\	A cow is not entirely full of
  | |--/ | *    milk some of it is hamburger!
  w w w  w