[registrars] thoughts for conference today

Bhavin Turakhia bhavin.t at directi.com
Tue May 25 20:13:01 UTC 2004

> 2) Self Policing. We should be exploring ways to lessen the
> administrative burden that ICANN has by assuming as many (or
> all) of the enforcement issues as a group, so that ICANN
> doesn't have to increase fees to do the same thing that we
> can probably do for less money.
> I think that an organization setup and funded by registrars
> can take care of the issues for 25% of what it would cost for
> ICANN to do the same. I would be willing to support such an
> organization.

I am quite certain of this. Infact I would very much be in favour of this
too. However this is wishful thinking since it is not about to happen.
Nevertheless I cannot for the life of me figure out how did ICANN spend
$19000 on me last year or will spend $19000 on me this year. There is no way
that I have had as much communication with them to make them spend that kind
of money on me annually

bhavin