[registrars] Another important section missing - Registry Code of Conduct

Bhavin Turakhia bhavin.t at directi.com
Sun Aug 7 20:41:29 UTC 2005

Read the below section in the OLDER .NET Contract. It is called "Registry
Code of Conduct"

http://www.icann.org/tlds/agreements/verisign/registry-agmt-appi-net-25may01
.htm

Nicely drafted .... I applaud its objectives.

Except that this section is entirely missing from the new .NET Contract. I
tried to hunt for anything equivalent to these provisions in the new .NET
Agreement but could nto find anything. I may have missed out on something
since the contract is 100 pages and it is 2 am. So I will be performing a
full review sometime.

Someone help me out here. These mails I have sent out are appendices to the
older .NET Agreement at
http://www.icann.org/tlds/agreements/verisign/net-index.htm. Is it that
these appendices exist somewhere in the new .net agreement? If not then
there is so much that the Registry agreement does not cover as opposed to
the earlier one which protected interests of the community at large

I really need to start reading registry agreements more carefully. I always
assumed fundamental tenets such as "responsible behaviour", "code of
conduct", "equal treatment" would be invariably protected by ICANN.

I am hoping I am wrong about all these mails I sent out and that somewhere
inside the new .NET agreement these clauses exist.

Best Regards
Bhavin Turakhia
Founder, Chairman & CEO
Directi