[registrars] DROA mining data via our easywhois site

Larry Erlich erlich at domainregistry.com
Tue Jul 25 17:39:16 UTC 2006

Jay Westerdal wrote:
> Mark,
> It appears like a human. The queries are 7 minutes, 5 minutes, 32 minutes,
> and 8 minutes apart. Let's not blow that up to the word 'Harvesting'. I am
> sure they have SOME valid customers and they need to do a whois.

THAT may not be an example of harvesting, but they are harvesting or
they have someone harvesting for them.

Because of the
name similarity we get their complaints. Additionally
we have received their solicitations for domains
names we own. And our customers also get solicited by
them. They are currently soliciting for names which
expire in January 2007.

It appears that they have been doing this since
about March or April.

Larry Erlich

http://www.DomainRegistry.com