[registrars] Verisign Add Delete abuse

John Berryhill john at johnberryhill.com
Sun Sep 24 20:12:54 UTC 2006

During the pre-workshop discussion at the last ICANN meeting, John Kane
suggested that some of this behavior may be due to registrars operating from
various search feeds, but not checking to see whether a name has been tested
previously.

I mention that not to defend any particular practice, but merely to point
out that ascribing specific motives to the observed behavior of what may be
a poorly-run automated practice, may not be a fair characterization.