[registrars] Q: are registrars allowed to deny transfers-out

Dan Wright wright at smx.pair.com
Wed Jan 17 21:59:01 UTC 2007

http://www.icann.org/transfers/policy-12jul04.htm

[Quote Section A.3]
Instances when the requested change of Registrar may not be denied include, but
are not limited to:

    * Nonpayment for a pending or future registration period

    [...]

    * Domain name registration period time constraints, other than during the
first 60 days of initial registration or during the first 60 days after a
registrar transfer.
[/Quote]

Seems to me that expired domains apply to one or both of those bullet points and
should not be blocked.

Daniel J. Wright                           wright at pair.com
Lead Software Developer, pairNIC   https://www.pairnic.com
pair Networks, Inc.                    http://www.pair.com