[registrars] Call for action - GNSO motion on Domain Tasting

Tim Ruiz tim at godaddy.com
Thu Apr 10 11:30:14 UTC 2008

Keep in mind that the motion proposes pretty much the same thing as the
already approved funnel requests of Neustar and Afilias for .biz and
.info. And that the current form of the registry agreements specifically
allows registries to limit the AGP deletes, so funnel requests from
other registries are likely to be approved just as quickly. What the
motion provides is a more consistent implementation across registries.

Also, the first step in getting our message across to the Board is with
the GNSO vote on this motion. Whether we vote in favor or not we should
include an on-the-record statement regarding our views of both the
motion and the ICANN fee. See my proposal on the Members list.

Tim