[RSSAC Caucus] Threat Mitigation for the Root Server System

Wes Hardaker hardaker at isi.edu
Tue Oct 1 19:51:30 UTC 2019

> Thanks Wes for your take on this. Would there be a need or an interest
> in taking what is in this document into discussions at the policy level?

(again, speaking only for myself) I think to a large extent similar things
are already being discussed in the rssac workshops (specifically, the
metrics work party), probably ssac work bodies, and will be taken up as
RSSAC037 model development goes forward as the GCG gets created by the
ICANN board to discuss the future of the governance models of the root.  I
suspect this will include discussions on measuring and monitoring the root
for its effectiveness in meeting system requirements.

So turning the question back around, what aspects do you think should be
discussed in the ICANN forums that are currently being missed?
--
Wes Hardaker
USC/ISI