[RSSAC Caucus] [Ext] FOR REVIEW: RSSAC026v2: RSSAC Lexicon

Terry Manderson terry at terrym.net
Wed Jan 29 03:22:45 UTC 2020

Hi Warren,

“Letters” actually create a lot of confusion, especially when talking and thinking about measurements. This vernacular also has created a pain in geo-political arenas as it isn’t clear as to what that means precisely. (I am still living through this) So folks not of a tech background and suitably imbued with historical technical knowledge then apply their their own interpretation. It is stunningly hard to argue against such interpretations without clear definitions in existence.

Of course translation to other languages is a curve ball in its own right.

So the problem is that “the spade” is only a spade if you have seen one before.

Cheers,
Terry
--
Mobile device, don't expect grammar.