[RSSAC Caucus] Rogue Operator Work Party: Source of zone data

Fred Baker fred at isc.org
Sun Oct 11 01:15:07 UTC 2020

Sending again, this time with the right “from” address...

Speaking strictly for myself, I would argue, as you did in your email, that getting the root zone from another party has a safety issue in it - how do we know it has the right data? I could imagine an RSO downloading the relevant files to somewhere in its own cloud, and then distributing from there to its constellation. Doing so would offload the RZM source. But I would consider getting the first copy from anywhere else as unsafe.