[RSS GWG] Questionnaires round 2 and schedule change.

Verd, Brad bverd at verisign.com
Wed May 3 17:45:09 UTC 2023

Dear colleagues,

Thank you for a productive GWG workshop. We made considerable progress to completing our principles for RSSGS. We also agreed to conduct another round of questionnaires based on the principles that achieved rough alignment during our discussions.

There are three questionnaires with two options for each principle:
Thumbs up – I am generally supportive of this principle.
Thumbs down – I would like more discussion about this principle.

There is also an opportunity to provide “considerations for implementation” for each principle.  If you recall, I spoke to this when I described what our deliverable of a principle document would look like.  Said document would contain each Principle followed by Principle Description followed by “Considerations for Implementation”.  That last topic will be considerably longer than the first two for each principle as this is where we describe the “in the Weeds” portion of our discussions for each principle.  So please add thoughts and comments as you work through the questionnaire.

The questionnaires are available at the following links, and they have been attached as PDFs to help you prepare.

Separation and balance of powers

https://forms.gle/inYNSkdbY2eybZjB9

Designation and removal of RSOs

https://forms.gle/6fuqHM3jHypCfzfV6

Finances

https://forms.gle/tJSDJRAW9nJMoHcm6

Finally, there are four candidate principles that we did not achieve alignment on. We have created a separate questionnaire just like the originals which you are all too familiar with.  This will help us better scope those issues and identify topics for discussion. On these four candidate principles, just as before, you will be asked to rate your level of support (1 to 5) for the candidate principle and provide amendments or comments just like before.

The questionnaire is available at the following link, and it has been attached as a PDF to help you prepare.

Candidate principles

https://forms.gle/tiMy843iwjASeDB37

As you know, these questionnaires are significant assignments and take time. Therefore, in lieu of the GWG teleconference scheduled for Thursday, 4 May, I believe that time would be better spent by everyone completing the questionnaires.  The meeting this this Thursday, the 4th will be canceled. As stated, please repurpose this scheduled time to complete the questionnaires.

Lastly, please complete all 4 questionnaires by COB on the 11th, one week from this Thursday. This will allow some time for us to compile the results and properly prepare the data to present to the group.

As always, please let me or Carlos know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Brad