[Rt4-whois] Role of Chair and Vice-Chair for Whois Review Team

Wilfried Woeber, UniVie/ACOnet Woeber at CC.UniVie.ac.at
Wed Nov 10 12:39:57 UTC 2010

Emily Taylor wrote:

> Dear Lynn, Bill and Sharon,
>
> Thanks for your work on the role of Chair and Vice-Chair.  I have a
> couple of queries/suggestions, which I hope we can pick up in today's call:
>
> I agree that the Chair/Vice Chair should play a neutral role, and I see
> the purpose to ensure that voices are heard, themes summarised and a way
> through is formulated which takes into account all relevant, legitimate
> interests.  Reviewing the exchanges on this list, I think this group is
> going to have to work hard to listen and take account of others' views -
> if we can crack this, we should be OK!
>

> My query is this:  given that we have all been put forward for this team
> on the basis of our experience, what do you think should happen when the
> Chair/Vice-Chair wants to put forward their own personal view.  Do they
> step out of the role for the time being?  Do they just not do that?

I have submitted my take on this aspect already and Bill (iirc) replied
that this is covered by Robert's Rules of Order.

Beinf illiterate wrt this beast, I have to believe this until I find the
time to read up on this stuff.

> Kind regards
>
> Emily

Wilfried.