[Rt4-whois] Recommendations - updated language SOURCED

Emily Taylor emily at emilytaylor.eu
Wed Nov 30 14:14:19 UTC 2011

Hi all

Following the queries on the list overnight, I have tried as best I can to
piece together the language of the recommendations.The documents I checked
against were
https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/21135832/Findings+-+conclusions+-+definitions.docx?version=1&modificationDate=1319625303000(Draft
Recommendations discussed in Dakar),  and this
https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/21135832/Current+WRT+Recommendations+-+v1+-+Nov+21.doc?version=1&modificationDate=1321978947000(The
first consolidated draft of what was agreed in Dakar, and MdR).

However, like others, I have found it confusing to understand from the
multiple drafts posted on the private WIKI, but I do think the draft of 21
November (second link above) is a fair representation of what we as a team
negotiated and agreed.

I have gone back to text that we agreed in MdR and Dakar, and tried only to
add text in the following circumstances:

- Where the sense was unclear, or we were tasking the wrong people
- Where the text has evolved through consent of the team since Dakar (IDNs
and Proxies)
- Where the text has come from another, stable source (compliance
recommendation on WDRP).  There, as the author and having received a
comment from James on the correct parties to task, I have cleaned up the
language.

I hope I have done a fair job on this.

I have noted one place (privacy recs.) where there is contested language.
My proposal - sorry James - is that we revert to our agreed text from Dakar
on this.

If I have made mistakes on the source language, I apologise, this is not
intentional and I am happy to be corrected.

Please carefully consider these recommendations.  They can be improved, the
language could be better, clearer, but they are what we agreed.  Please let
me have any show stoppers by 1600 UTC.

*
*

76 Temple Road, Oxford OX4 2EZ UK
t: +44 (0)1865 582 811 • m: +44 (0)7540 049 322
emily at emilytaylor.eu

*www.etlaw.co.uk*

Emily Taylor Consultancy Limited is a company registered in England and
Wales No. 730471. VAT No. 114487713.