[Rt4-whois] Executive Summary [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Seth M Reiss seth.reiss at lex-ip.com
Wed May 2 01:37:47 UTC 2012

My comments on the current draft of Recommendation 10:  Data Access- Privacy
and Proxy Services

Findings:  Para 2:   I agree with Peter to delete the word "legitimate".

Recommendations: top of next page beginning with "ICANN could, for example,
use a mix of":  I would delete the phrase "to encourage proxy/privacy
service providers to become accredited".  Leaving the phrase in suggests
that ICANN could tolerate a community of non-accredited proxy/privacy
providers and I feel this is the wrong message to send.

Same page bullet two:  I am still confused who is provide the full details
and if the details are of the service provider or the beneficiary user.

Last paragraph last bullet.  I like Peter's comment "Clarifying the issue of
rights/responsibilities/liabilities should be an essential part of the
proxy/privacy discussion, with the goal being clear and comprehensive
guidance for the community." (I've tried to improve it a little).  Can we
place this statement above as a recommendation separate from the bullet
points, perhaps as the second, third or fourth paragraph under
Recommendations.  I sense that strengthening this statement could address
Susan's concerns as well.

Seth