[Rt4-whois] Fwd: Additional budget details

Emily Taylor emily at emilytaylor.eu
Wed May 23 08:47:17 UTC 2012

Hi all

To clear up this loose end, I received additional information from Denise
(below), which gives a little more detail on the way that the budgets are
organised.  You may recall that rather than providing discrete budget lines
for each department, ICANN appears to budget on a contribution basis, so
that support functions (eg legal, finance, communications) have their spend
distributed around the operational departments (new gTLDs, compliance).

The additional information came too late for analysis and inclusion in the
final report, but my proposal is that we publish it as part of Appendix B,
and include an announcement on the call for public comment which draws
attention to the new item.

Any thoughts, objections?