[RZERC] Decisions/Action Items Regarding Chair Selection - 23 January 2017 Teleconference

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Mon Feb 13 18:13:58 UTC 2017

> On 13 Feb 2017, at 18:08, Peter Koch <pk at DENIC.DE> wrote:
>
> RFC 3797 is everything but easy and overdone for a tie breaker, IMHO.

So why not just toss a coin* then?

*Other forms of random selection with exactly two mutually exclusive outcomes are available.

If the committee is evenly split on appointing a Chairman, I can’t see how further rounds of (non-terminating?) discussions is going to help. Unless one of the candidates gets fed up and withdraws.