[RZERC] Decisions/Action Items Regarding Chair Selection - 23 January 2017 Teleconference

Peter Koch pk at DENIC.DE
Mon Feb 13 18:22:55 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 06:13:58PM +0000, Jim Reid wrote:

> So why not just toss a coin* then?
> *Other forms of random selection with exactly two mutually exclusive outcomes are available.

I'd rather not throw technology at what would be a 'social' issue.

> If the committee is evenly split on appointing a Chairman, I can???t see how further rounds of (non-terminating?) discussions is going to help. Unless one of the candidates gets fed up and withdraws.

Well, we have an odd number of members on the committee. Maintaining
an even split over the course of the discussion is unlikely.
(Yes, I understand an odd number of members could abstain, could
be absent and so on and so forth.  Let's address the tie in step 6
before we drive _this_ part to perfection).

-Peter