[RZERC] FINAL RZERC Feedback on the Updated Plan for Continuing the Root KSK Rollover

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Thu Aug 2 18:03:20 UTC 2018

On 2 Aug 2018, at 18:38, Peter Koch <pk at DENIC.DE> wrote:

> I understand this, but there needs to be further research
> that would justify highlighting "static configurations".

You didn’t raise this when the initial draft was circulated Peter. You didn’t do that during the meeting we had in Panama. You didn’t do that on last month’s conf call. Or after we had reached consensus on the final version. It’s more than unreasonable to introduce this at the very last moment after all of these earlier opportunities were not taken.

We can’t rewind the clock and none of us has a veto. RZERC has already reached consensus. And still appears to have consensus despite your objection. There is no reason to revisit that judgement now. And that’s impractical at this time too.

Your very, very late objection can be formally noted by RZERC. But not block publication of our response. Or start yet another edit/review cycle when there’s no time left for that.

IMO the document should go to the Board as-is. That doesn’t have to be the unanimous consensus view of RZERC. A consensus opinion will be good enough. Though it would be nice if you withdrew your objection so we can present what I think would be a unanimous consensus. I sincerely hope you’ll do that Peter.