[RZERC] RZERC Working Drafts

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Mon Jun 29 10:29:07 UTC 2020

> On 26 Jun 2020, at 17:51, Wessels, Duane <dwessels at verisign.com> wrote:
>
> My recap of the discussion is that we would suggest a joint SSAC/RSSAC(caucus) study on the question of signing root-servers.net.  Geoff suggested we send the current document "almost as-is" to the chairs of those groups.  Also we would send a courtesy CC to other groups.  So my suggestion is to start with the  document as uploaded by Danielle and edit it as necessary so we can send it to these other groups and they will understand what we are asking of them.  Does that sound reasonable to you?

Not really Duane - sorry. We didn’t agree to putting up a shared doc about signing root-servers.net. I don’t understand why that happened or who took that decision. The fact a shared document got created is no big deal. I'm concerned about things being done in RZERC's name that RZERC didn’t agree or approve.

We did not agree to create this shared document. There’s nothing in the transcript to support that. You did make that suggestion Duane but nobody else spoke in favour or against that idea. Our discussion was inconclusive and there was no consensus. We did agree to circulate the document to other groups. Though that does not appear to have been recorded as an Action Point.

>> BTW, where are the minutes of last week’s conf call? The transcripts are all very well. However they don’t clearly show what decisions were taken, what the action points are, who’s responsible for those APs, etc, etc. I’m curious too why there’s been a switch from minutes to transcripts and why that doesn’t seem to have been agreed or even discussed by RZERC.
>
> Nothing has changed as far as I can tell.

Hmmm. I don’t recall us ever getting sent transcripts before. I assumed a switch from minutes to transcripts had been made.

BTW, it would be nice if the draft minutes were circulated shortly after our conf calls when everyone’s memory is fresher.