[tz] New release of tzdata for Egypt DST change ?

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Mon May 12 19:59:41 UTC 2014

On 05/12/2014 02:03 AM, أحمد المحمودي wrote:
>    I've seen your git commit. Today is May 12th, yet there is no new
>    release yet of tzdata.

I would like confirmation from a reliable source about when Egypt will
change its clocks on May 15.  So far, we have found no news article that
has specified the time of day; the latest git commit guessed 00:00 but
in <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2014-May/020874.html> Mohamed
Shageaasaid it should be 24:00, without giving a source.

If we can't get any reliable source I suppose I'll change the guess from
00:00 to 24:00 and distribute a new release that way, but I'd rather
avoid this kind of guesswork.  If anyone has a better source, please
send it to <tz at iana.org> as soon as possible.  Thanks.