[tz] Reason for removal of several TZ

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Dec 5 07:33:54 UTC 2017

Guy Harris wrote:
> (Just out of curiosity, how was that point chosen?

Originally I took zone*.tab latitudes and longitudes from Shanks, who I presume
got it from some circa-1960 gazetteer (he does not list his sources). These
coordinates are all to one arc-minute accuracy. Some of the more-recently edited
coordinates have come from Wikipedia or suchlike sources. I haven't viewed the
latitudes and longitudes as being important enough to support via cited sources,
since they're intended only as a rough guide for a UI.