[tz] KyivNotKiev

Andriy Ivanchenko ivanchenko.andriy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 12:53:19 UTC 2020

I think you can find the answer to the pronunciation here
https://translate.google.com.ua/#view=home&op=translate&sl=en&tl=uk&text=Kyiv
. And you will hear how the name of the city sounds in Ukrainian.
[y] like in bit.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near-close_near-front_unrounded_vowel
And Rossian
https://translate.google.com.ua/#view=home&op=translate&sl=en&tl=ru&text=Kyiv
.
That's the difference.

пт, 27 лист. 2020 о 14:15 Michael H Deckers <
michael.h.deckers at googlemail.com> пише: