[tz] leap_second.list not updated after latest IERS Bulletin C

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis at Shaw.ca
Fri Dec 8 21:55:27 UTC 2023

On 2023-12-08 13:58, Paul Eggert via tz wrote:
> On 2023-12-08 11:58, Brooks Harris via tz wrote:
>> anything from IERS must be public domain, isn't it? How is it not?

> The IERS version lacks a copyright notice, and it’s not clear who holds the
> copyright or under what terms TZDB could legally reproduce the file. The
> copyright holder might be the IERS, the Paris Observatory, Paris Sciences et
> Lettres University, the Ministry of National Education, or some other body. A
> while ago I asked for a proper copyright notice to be added, to clarify rights
> and establish permissions, but this has not gotten anywhere presumably because
> the people in charge of the IERS version are busy and don’t think this is
> important.

They are part of an international org in an EU org and may still be waiting for
approval of the document specifying the application of the copyright, data, and
database rights to the file and its data. ;^>
[I read about one bureaucrat who had spent seven years thus far trying to get a
document approved!]

                                 -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry