[UA-discuss] Unicode consortium's curriculum project, "Unicode Guide to Internationalization" [FYI]

Jim DeLaHunt list+uasg at jdlh.com
Sat Dec 23 00:38:20 UTC 2023

The December email of the Unicode Consortium's newsletter brings this
interesting news:

> *Update on the Unicode Guide to Internationalization*
>
> Work on the Unicode Guide to Internationalization has begun!
>
> As background, the purpose of this project is to create and publish an
> online guide to internationalization. The development of the guide
> will be overseen by a Unicode curriculum team, which will be
> responsible for defining the overall information architecture of the
> guide and drawing up references and guidelines for content
> contributors. Contributors will be invited as experts on particular
> internationalization topics.
>
> The content of the guide will consist of short (5-15 minute) video
> lectures and/or screencasts that focus on a particular
> internationalization topic or problem.
>
> The guide structure, content development plan and contributor
> guidelines are currently in development. If you are interested in
> participating, whether as an expert contributor or in some other way,
> please email i18nguide at unicode.org. Thanks to those who have already
> expressed interest.
>
> Watch for additional information to be released in the new year!

There was a talk about this at last November's Unicode Technical
Workshop in California:

  * Session overview
    <https://www.unicode.org/events/utw/talks/unicode-guide/>
  * Slides
    <https://www.unicode.org/events/utw/documents/slides/2023_11_SahleenJoel_UTW.pdf>
    (44 slides)
  * Video of session <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LDaY7X2qGk> (44
    minutes)
  * By Joel Shaheen, 8 November 2023.

I suggest that the people in UASG's curriculum working group consider
contacting <i18nguide at unicode.org>, tell them about what UASG has been
doing about curriculum, and see if there is benefit to collaboration.

Best regards,
      —Jim DeLaHunt

--
     --Jim DeLaHunt,jdlh at jdlh.com      http://blog.jdlh.com/  (http://jdlh.com/)
       multilingual websites consultant, Vancouver, Canada