[Ws2-jurisdiction] RES: Welcome to the WS2 Jurisdiction Subgroup!

tijani.benjemaa at topnet.tn tijani.benjemaa at topnet.tn
Wed Aug 17 18:10:35 UTC 2016

For the purpose of sharing the inconvenience of difficult time for the
call, I also accept time rotation.

  TIJANI BEN JEMAA

  Executive Director

  Phone: +216 98 330 114

              +216 52 385 114

  Le 17 août 2016 à 18:35, McAuley, David <dmcauley at verisign.com> a écrit
:

  Thanks Greg and others for moving this forward.

  I personally think that the time should be rotated to allow for a fair
distribution of the inconvenience of participating in off-hours.

  David

  David McAuley

  International Policy Manager

  Verisign Inc.

  703-948-4154

  FROM: ws2-jurisdiction-bounces at icann.org
[mailto:ws2-jurisdiction-bounces at icann.org] ON BEHALF OF Greg Shatan

  SENT: Wednesday, August 17, 2016 1:30 PM

  TO: Mike Silber

  CC: ws2-jurisdiction at icann.org

  SUBJECT: Re: [Ws2-jurisdiction] RES: Welcome to the WS2 Jurisdiction
Subgroup!

  All,

  Thanks for your comments to date.  We've heard from about a half-dozen
members so far, and it would be helpful to hear from more before fixing a
long-term slot or rotation.

  In my view we need to accommodate our members as best we can, so we can do
our work; those are the demographics we need to deal with.  I will note
that "Iran and west" includes not only NA and EU, but also AF (as pointed
out by Mike Silber) and SA, as well as the Middle East, Western Asia and
portions of Central Asia.  I will also note that among the 4 respondents
from "east of Iran" the votes for the 13:00 time slot, there were 2 yes
votes, 1 if need be and 1 no.

  All that said, this is a decision to be made by the group, and as such,
the more members' voices heard the better.  I'm not sure running another
doodle poll would help, but I'd rather let the discussion go forward
first.  One shortcoming of polls is that they do not allow for dialogue.
As such, if there is another poll, let's have it after further dialogue, so
that the participants can keep in mind various viewpoints as they respond.

  In the interests of transparency, here are the quantitative results from
the Doodle poll.  I excluded all results involving the 05:00 time slot,
since there was little support for this slot in any configuration.

  Greg

   FIXED TIME VS. ROTATION SURVEY

   MEMBERS ONLY

      YES

      IF NEED BE

      NO

   19:00 Fixed Time

      18

      1

      4

   13:00 Fixed Time

      10

      3

      10

   13/19 Rotation

      11

      7

      5

   ALL PARTICIPANTS

   19:00 Fixed Time

      21

      2

      7

   13:00 Fixed Time

      13

      5

      12

   13/19 Rotation

      13

      9

      8

   TIME OF DAY SURVEY (Yes : If Need Be : No)
   MEMBERS ONLY

      MONDAY

      TUESDAY

      WEDNESDAY