[Ws2-jurisdiction] Jurisdiction Questionnaire: RESPONSE REQUESTED

Paul Rosenzweig paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com
Mon Jan 9 18:59:44 UTC 2017

May I respectfully suggest that we are getting nowhere on this.   We need to find a way forward or we will keep going around and around

Many in the subgroup do not support sending out Question 4.  We have articulated reasons for that on several occasions.  I have considered carefully the arguments of those who do support sending out Question 4 and after thinking about it carefully, I cannot find a basis for agreeing to send out the question.  My thoughts are captured by David McC’s post on why this is a rabbit hole I oppose starting down.

Others in the group feel strongly that question 4 should go out.  Some feel so strongly that they are of the view that it is all or nothing.  While I don’t agree with them and while I certainly don’t agree with the idea that saying “all or nothing” is respectful of other people, I am not going to try any longer to change their minds.

If all or nothing is the only choice available, I think the way forward is clear – let’s do nothing and shelve the idea of a questionnaire altogether.  If anyone has concrete data to add (as Faranzeh did) they can do so as and when they wish.

Paul

Paul Rosenzweig

 <mailto:paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com> paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com

O: +1 (202) 547-0660