[Ws2-transparency] Transparency Second Reading

McAuley, David dmcauley at verisign.com
Wed Feb 1 20:41:06 UTC 2017

Thanks Michael,

I had some issues with the document but they may, and probably will, go away depending on ICANN's comments.

Other than my desire for the plenary to have an order of precedence or over-arching statement about subgroup reports (not just transparency), I would like to hear ICANN's views on the transparency report, as they promised. So I guess my question is whether they have indicated to you when they will be commenting.

As you know, my concern was in areas where we may be creating obligations on ICANN that they cannot meet or should not have (one example, creating new documents to reply to a DIDP). But if ICANN is not concerned with these kinds of things then I probably would not be either. They are the ones with a good sense of the level of effort required and the number of requests they typically encounter and might project.

David

David McAuley
International Policy Manager
Verisign Inc.