[bc-gnso] for expedited review: BC comment on ICANN's Roadmap for a new WHOIS Protocol (SAC 051)

Steve DelBianco sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Wed Apr 4 14:06:14 UTC 2012

ICANN has an open public comment on a roadmap for development and adoption of a successor to the Whois protocol. The comment period and documents are described here<http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/sac-051-draft-roadmap-18feb12-en.htm>.

BC member Bill Smith (Paypal) circulated his initial thoughts on a BC comment back on 6-Mar.   At our Costa Rica meeting we discussed Bill's draft and asked for volunteers to refine into a BC submission.   Everyone's been pretty busy lately, so this task fell to me and I've only now turned to it.

A 2-page draft BC comment is attached.

These comments are due 8-Apr.   Bill's comments went to the BC list on 6-Mar, but the attached draft is presented to you with for expedited member review over the next 5 days.

If any BC member objects to the BC filing the attached draft comment , please REPLY ALL and indicate your objection and reason.   If any member objections are noted before 8-Apr, we will extend the review period.   This would mean our comments are submitted late, but might still be considered.

If no objections are noted we will post the attached draft to ICANN on the closing date of 8-Apr.

Thanks again to Bill Smith for taking the lead on this.

Steve DelBianco
vice chair for policy coordination, BC