[cc-humanrights] CCWP-HR Meeting on Due Diligence - Tomorrow!

Michael Karanicolas mkaranicolas at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 14:07:58 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Just a friendly reminder that the CCWP Human Rights is having a call at
this time tomorrow (Tuesday 31 July from 1400-1500 UTC) for our special
session on Due Diligence and Why it Matters. And we even have guest
speakers!

   - Michael Samway of The Business and Human Rights Group
   - Michele Neylon of Blacknight Solutions
   - Raphaël Beauregard Lacroix of the NCSG

Agenda and contact details are pasted below. Hope you can join us!

Michael Karanicolas
CCWP-HR Co-Chair

-------------------

* CCWP-HR: Due Diligence and Why It Matters*

July 31, 2018, 1400 - 1500 UTC

https://participate.icann.org/ncsg

   - *PART I: Relevance to the ICANN Community *– Raphael Beauregard
   Lacroix (10 min)
   - ICANN’s Human Rights Bylaw, GDPR, and “applicable law”
      - Resource: Human Rights Bylaw Framework of Interpretation
      <https://community.icann.org/display/WEIA/Documents?preview=/59641302/79437270/CCWG-Accountability-WS2-HumanRight-FinalReport-20171106%5B1%5D.pdf>

   - *PART II: What is Due Diligence? *– Michael Samway (15 min)
      - Due Diligence Roadmap

   - *PART III: Progress Update* – Collin Kurre and Michele Neylon (15 min)
      - ARTICLE 19 / Blacknight collaboration; ongoing efforts to develop
      new impact assessment models

   - *PART IV: Discussion* (20 min)
      - *Community Question*: How can we incorporate systematic procedures
      for due diligence into ICANN decision-making processes?
         - Which aspects of ICANN’s decision-making structure should be
         prioritized?
         - How might this apply to working groups?
         - How might this apply to SO/ACs?
      - Additional resources available on the CCWP-HR website
      <https://icannhumanrights.net/documents/>