[Acct-Legal] VISUAL - Overview of Community Powers

List for the work of CCWG-Accountability Legal SubTeam ccwg-accountability5 at icann.org
Fri Apr 24 09:10:00 UTC 2015

Dear Leon and the CCWG Legal Sub-Team,

Per your request, attached please find a review of the CCWG prepared overview of community powers.  We inserted comments and suggested edits in Track Changes.  One general comment, we were not certain if this chart is intended for inclusion in the public proposal, or if this is an internal (though still publicly available) working document.  Some of the shorthand may not be readily understandable to the general public.  We made a few observations in this response.

Cheers,
Josh

JOSHUA HOFHEIMER
Sidley Austin LLP
+1.213.896.6061 (LA direct)
+1.650.565.7561 (PA direct)
+1.323.708.2405 (cell)
jhofheimer at sidley.com<mailto:jhofheimer at sidley.com>
www.sidley.com<http://www.sidley.com/>
[http://www.sidley.com/files/upload/signatures/SA-autosig.png]<http://www.sidley.com/> SIDLEY AUSTIN LLP

From: ccwg-accountability5-bounces at icann.org [mailto:ccwg-accountability5-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of List for the work of CCWG-Accountability Legal SubTeam
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 10:09 PM
To: ccwg-accountability5 at icann.org
Subject: Re: [Acct-Legal] VISUAL - Overview of Community Powers

Dear Holly,

It is thought as a set of powers as a whole and with no specific structure attached to it. So we do know that at least 4 powers out of these 5 powers are feasible under either designator or membership structure as opposed to the status quo as I understand. The fifth power, as I understand, would vary in terms of feasibility and complexity depending on the corporate structure chosen.

So the aim of this exercise would be to just have a very concrete confirmation on your side on whether what is in the chart is feasible as per your advise or if what’s in the chart misrepresents the advice provided.

I hope I have been able to clarify. Please feel free to comment if I haven’t.
Best regards,

León