[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] NAF use of WHOIS

Lars Hoffmann lars.hoffmann at icann.org
Thu May 22 14:52:59 UTC 2014

Dear WG members,
Following Petter¹s question, I reached out to Kristine Dorrain from the
National Arbitration Forum. She confirmed that the NAF does indeed use the
WHOIS data, but they only copy-paste the information as displayed in the
WHOIS. So to them it is irrelevant whether the information is accurate
and/or in Latin or any other script. You will find our conversation in full
below.
I hope this helps -
Best wishes,
Lars