[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] CL&D - Your Input on Staff Proposals - Due Wed. 11 May

theo geurts gtheo at xs4all.nl
Tue May 24 20:00:55 UTC 2016

To circle back on this one as we ran out of time on the call (good
discussions btw).

For those who were not at the GDD meeting, Fransico tried to get some
bearings.

I think 5 people voted yes, 7 people voted no, 150 people did not vote
for whatever reason, though it was a Registry/Registrar meet.
And that is the "core" right there.

So today it was mentioned on the call, we might want to do a vote.
Great, I am all up for transparency and democracy.

But as it goes with democracy, who is going to be voting and do they
have enough knowledge about the road ahead?
Today, well actually on the last few calls we are scratching the surface
on what will, in my opinion, to be a very complex IRT as it will hit on
Registry and Registrar operational levels. History has proven these are
complex processes and we will get hit by tons of questions later on.

So whatever vote setup we chose (is there a choice?), it needs to
represent the IRT.  You ask any Registrar, hey we can save some time by
bundling some PDP's? Every Registrar will agree that it makes sense.
However, if you ask the Registrars if the bundling of the PDP's makes
sense while the IRT has to go real, real deep to make this happen, most
likely they will respond that it does not make sense.
I asked those questions early on the call for a reason regarding how
deep we would need to go. We will be digging deep.

Thanks for making it this far.

Theo Geurts