[gnso-rpm-wg] FOR REVIEW & DISCUSSION: Draft collated proposal for Sunrise-related data collection

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 05:28:39 UTC 2017

I don't think anyone here is uncomfortable with debate.  I think that's an
artificial construct -- a "paper tiger".  I understand that some
participants will keep going until someone rings the bell and ends the
bout, even if the only scorecard on which they're winning is their own. In
such cases, I think it's up to the co-chairs, in their official capacities,
to bring debates to a close when the time is ripe.

I call on the co-chairs to do so in this case.  We've reached the point of
beating a dead horse on this subject, and no level of relentlessness,
rhetoric, or "spin" is going to give the "Kill The Sunrise" proposal any
more traction than it already has -- which is very little.  I've read this
thread as it rolled in, though I didn't have the time to respond, and
others responded in line with my thoughts anyway.  I try to keep an open
mind; however, I saw nothing that would persuade me to change my position
-- that the Sunrise largely works but there are loopholes that need to be
fixed.

In any event, I'll leave this one to the co-chairs.

Greg