[gnso-rpm-wg] A Proposal for Smarter Non-Exact Matches

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Tue May 30 02:11:49 UTC 2017

All,

As I've mentioned earlier, I think that a proposal to use non-exact matches
other than "mark contained" matches ("dumb matches") makes sense to
pursue.  Various types of matches have been discussed; however, there has
been no actual proposal for "smarter" matches that can be used by the group.

The attached proposal seek to fill that gap.  It is more in the nature of
an addendum to the initial proposal on non-exact matches.  However, it does
provide a more formal proposal on the types of non-exact matches to be
considered.  The intent is to provide a sufficient framework to discuss
these types of non-exact matches and to add these non-exact matches to the
proposal.

I hope that this helpful to the work of the group.

Greg