[IAG-WHOIS conflicts] Draft preliminary report

Christopher Wilkinson cw at christopherwilkinson.eu
Fri Sep 11 20:47:16 UTC 2015

Dear Friends and Colleagues:
While thanking other members of the IAG and the ICANN staff for their work during the past eight months, I have to express my disappointment and disagreement with the report as it stands. To present this to the GNSO and the ICANN Board would fail both to address the implementation issues that have already been encountered with the existing policy and to present a balanced account of the arguments that have been developed during the IAG's work.

I attach my comments on the proposed initial report as we have received it.
ICANN is currently being challenged to be accountable to the Community. For present purposes the relevant Community are all the Registrants of all the contracting parties whose personal data is not being protected in conformity with applicable local law consequent on ICANN's contractual conditions, as applied to Whois.
May I ask, once again, that ICANN and the IAG reconsider the content of the report. I shall determine my definitive position in this respect, thereafter.
Regards

Christopher Wilkinson