[CCWG-ACCT] Fwd: Inputs requested - Budget of the IANA Stewardship Transition

Grace Abuhamad grace.abuhamad at icann.org
Fri Feb 5 19:31:24 UTC 2016

Forwarding on behalf on Xavier Calvez.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Xavier Calvez <xavier.calvez at icann.org<mailto:xavier.calvez at icann.org>>
Date: Friday, February 5, 2016 at 11:15 AM
To: Mathieu Weill <mathieu.weill at afnic.fr<mailto:mathieu.weill at afnic.fr>>, Paul Rosenzweig <paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com<mailto:paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com>>, CCWG-Accountability <accountability-cross-community at icann.org<mailto:accountability-cross-community at icann.org>>
Cc: Jamie Hedlund <jamie.hedlund at icann.org<mailto:jamie.hedlund at icann.org>>, Susanna Bennett <susanna.bennett at icann.org<mailto:susanna.bennett at icann.org>>
Subject: Re: [CCWG-ACCT] Inputs requested - Budget of the IANA Stewardship Transition

RESENDING WITH THE ATTACHMENT

Mathieu, Paul, all,

With the intent to provide factual information to the group for its discussion, please see below:

You will find below a link to ICANN's website where the costs of the USG Transition are displayed. The costs information on this page is updated on a quarterly basis, and the current information is updated as of 30 September. We are working on releasing the quarterly update as of 31 December.
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/iana-stewardship-project-costs-2015-10-16-en

This page contains the following information:

  *   overview of total costs by category (personnel, travel/meeting, legal, other professional services)
  *   Legal costs detail
  *   Other professional services details

The Other professional services details includes a table which I have also attached here for ease of reference. It lists the vendors included in each category.

Regarding lobbying, all the external lobbying expenses incurred by ICANN appear in the table attached. The only other lobbying expenses which ICANN incurs and discloses as required are the ICANN personnel expenses qualifying as lobbying expense. For more information on this topic, please refer to the 2 link below on ICANN's website:
- quarterly lobbying disclosure: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/lobbying-disclosures-contributions-2015-11-18-en
- this blog published last November: https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-11-19-en

I hope this helps providing useful factual information. Please let us know of any questions you may have.

Thank you.
Best,

Xavier

Xavier Calvez