[CCWG-ACCT] Notes, recordings, transcript for Reviewing the CEP Subgroup Meeting #3_ 11 January 17

MSSI Secretariat mssi-secretariat at icann.org
Wed Jan 18 20:55:07 UTC 2017

Hello all,

The notes, recordings and transcripts for CCWG Accountability WS2 Staff Accountability Subgroup Meeting #3 –  11 January 17 will be available here:  https://community.icann.org/x/JqvDAw

A copy of the notes may be found below.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Yvette Guigneaux
Multi-Stakeholder & Strategic Initiative Assistant
ICANN | Internet Corporation for Assigned Names & Numbers
12025 Waterfront Drive, Playa Vista, CA 90094
yvette.guigneaux at icann.org<mailto:yvette.guigneaux at icann.org> | www.icann.org[icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.icann.org_&d=DgMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=xjNMRR-fjlgBx7tqUEv8lZv2O9RJyMyqWkymcecegCUuwDxFVsW6VBuvkqKnS_lk&m=Pms6QgHug2Ue7hGSojxFbN3ugLobkG2HrDmBeU4T3gc&s=8iD6AmoKiOrcR6T7AcLqmhKHfyQmSveHBVAdoaAOOlw&e=>

________________________________

Notes: (including relevant portions of the chat):
Introduction, Attendance, Regrets, SOI’s
•  Brief agenda, small group
•  Roll call will be taken from AC room
•  Apologies: Sam Lanfranco
Review
•  View presented initially that benefit of CEP was that it was informal
•  Suggestion from plenary for a more structured negotiation, with a 3rd party
•  Question to this group: is this the direction we want to go?
Mediation, Conciliation, Negotiation: Structured Negotiation
•  Anna: if we go this direction, we'd need more people or review previous CEP to hear their opinion
•  Structured negotiation: would would pay for it?
Examination of past CEPs: What and How
•  Ed Morris: I asked the question to ICANN Legal and haven't received any response. I will go through Leon and the Legal. Committee to try to get some responses.
•  How do we want to go about examining past CEPs?
•  Anna Loup: a targetted survey could work, and I am in LA if it is necessary to be physically present at ICANN at any point
•  Ed: would you be willing to volunteer to prepare such a survey?
•  Anna: ok, happy to help. I'll look into alternative methods as well. it's too early for me to think of unique methods.
Way Forward
•  We've had a participation issue from the beginning. Ed will bring it to the plenary today to try to get more folks.
•  Ed will send an email to the list with questions raised today, and suggested way forward.