[CPWG] PIR sale…

Jacqueline Morris jam at jacquelinemorris.com
Thu Jan 9 15:54:33 UTC 2020

Greg,
Very well said. I agree with your points, especially
"ownership of .ORG by a non-profit has a nice symmetry to it.  It's easy to
like, people are used to it, and it may even stop bad things from
happening.  But ... there is no reason to presume that ownership by a
non-profit is truly in the best interests of .ORG, its users or the general
public.  If there's a reason to say that ownership by Ethos Capital will
serve those interests well, it will need to come from facts and action
(much of it from Ethos, PIR and even ISOC); we can't presume that either.

We need to be the voice of the end-user, a voice of reason, and a voice for
the public interest.  We need to sort the wheat from the chaff.'