[CPWG] A white knight on the horizon for .ORG?

Nat Cohen ncohen at telepathy.com
Thu Jan 9 22:13:44 UTC 2020

Greg,

How is denigrating other's comments a useful contribution to the discussion?

Bill Woodcock has decades of expertise in running DNS infrastructure.  As I
recall his letter, his group provides around $30 million in infrastructure
support at no cost to ensure that .org is stable.  That contribution can
only be made to a nonprofit organization, not to a for-profit
organization.

The analysis Bill provided is that if Ethos Capital has to pay for that
infrastructure itself, it more or less guarantees that its purchase of PIR
will be unprofitable.  This raises the highly relevant question of whether
.org would be as stable under Ethos Capital as it has been under ISOC.

Your calling the analysis "bizarre" does not make it so.

Similarly, Milton Mueller's trashing of others' reputations likely reflects
more poorly on him than it does on them.

Regards,

Nat