[Gnso-epdp-team] IPC Preliminary Third Party Use Cases

King, Brian Brian.King at markmonitor.com
Fri Jul 5 23:44:49 UTC 2019

Hello team,

In addition to the TM use case we’ve already begun discussing, please find attached early drafts of some other IP-related use cases. It may be wise to develop additional use cases and/or combine approaches as we discussed in Marrakech and as Janis mentioned on the list this week. These will give us a good start.

At a high level, we intended to capture the fact that both trademark and copyright infringement carry both criminal and civil causes of action under EU and international law, and might accordingly have different grounds for processing. We also thought it would be prudent for the team to work through the UDRP/URS use case.

We look forward to discussing these with the team. Thanks, and have a great weekend.