[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Notes and Action Items - New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP WG - 07 October 2019

Volker Greimann vgreimann at key-systems.net
Tue Oct 22 08:32:05 UTC 2019

Aha.

Many organizations that might conceivably want or feel entitled to
launch an objection are underfunded. Should ICANN therefore fund any
organization without money  "commensurate with the number of
applications received"?

Unless ALAC is granted a special objector role, funding should not be
contemplated. ALAC can voice the concerns of the internet users without
raising a formal objection. Or it could raise the money required from
its constituents or others that share its concerns. Just like anyone else.

--
Volker A. Greimann