[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Updated WG recommendations (as numbered in Executive Summary of the Final Report)

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Tue Dec 1 23:56:09 UTC 2015

Dear WG members,

Please find attached that part of the Executive Summary of the Final Report
that contains all the WG¹s numbered recommendations, updated to reflect the
latest WG agreements and discussions, including on the call held earlier
today. As we have not made any changes to the rest of the Final Report ­ but
will do so in strict accordance with any changes to the attached approved by
the WG, we thought it would be easier to just send you this document with
the suggested updates. Please therefore refer to the full Final Report, as
circulated to you on 27 November, for the rest of the Executive Summary and
Final Report.

For your easy reference, the changes that were made are listed and noted
below, in accordance with the agenda for the call today and including the
additional points noted by Graeme on the call:

> (a) jurisdiction under the Illustrative Disclosure Framework ­ relevant
> language in the Annex to the Illustrative Disclosure Framework will be changed
> in the Final Report, to say ³Requester and Rights Holder² (this change is
> therefore not included in the attached document)
>
> (b) definitional issues regarding privacy/proxy services ­ changed per
> attached document, with the footnote on ³knowingly² based on language
> suggested on the mailing list by Steve Metalitz and Don Blumenthal
>
> (c) customer notification as part of de-accreditation ­ changed per attached
> document, using language suggested by Steve Metalitz on the WG call today,
> based on Darcy Southwell¹s initial suggestion
>
> (d) labeling in WHOIS regarding knowledge of registrar of record ­ no change
> following explanation on the WG call
>
> (e) application of TEAC standard to P/P provider¹s designated point of contact
> ­ reference to TEAC removed
>
> (f) requirement of verification in Recommendation #17 - cross­reference to
> Recommendation #5 added
>
> (g) language regarding Change of Registrant/IRTP-C ­ changed per attached
> document, as explained in email sent to WG following the call
>
> (h) edits suggested by Holly Riche ­ definition of Affiliate added to
> Recommendation #1; Final Report will ensure consistent usage (and
> capitalization) of terms like Relay (rather than ³forward²), customer and
> registrant. Note, however, that the idea is to use the term ³customer² to
> refer to a customer of either a privacy or a proxy service; as such, likening
> a customer to a beneficial user may cause confusion and so we recommend
> keeping the term as ³customer². Similarly, where the term ³registrant² is
> used, it refers to the person/entity that registers a domain name, who may be
> a proxy service rather than a customer of one. We will do our best to ensure
> that the Final Report uses all these terms consistently and as clearly as
> possible.

We hope that the attached changes accurately reflect the WG¹s understanding
following our latest discussions.

Thanks and cheers

Email: mary.wong at icann.org